Friday, July 2, 2010

San Pete County

We stopped off at Joe Bennion's pottery shop, Horseshoe Mountain Pottery in Spring City this week, on our way to pick up our Birch Creek Ranch camper.

Lots of pots to choose from- in the end we picked out a cereal bowl (we tend to be a little hard on those at our house). I wanted a medium-sized mug, for sipping tea, but there were only small and XL ones available (hint there, Country Joe).

I have always been a big fan of this stained glass window in the shop, I don't know who made it, (friend of the Bennions?) but it intrigues me.

Love the wild nature of the front flower beds.

We got stuck behind a sheep drive heading out of town. We were taking it easy, hanging back to keep the cowboys and the animals happy, when two trucks manned by locals went busting through- scattering sheep here and there. Man and beast drove on, so we did too.


I kept daring the kids to get out of the car, run along with the sheep, get some hands-on interaction, but no one would take me up on it. Cute little wooly fellers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails