Sunday, January 10, 2010

safety first

One of the things we love about this place is the openness with which they refer to the possible consequences of playing in a specific area, usually, but not always, having to do with water.

This giant sign is posted at the trailhead of Cedar Creek Falls in Mount Tamborine.

This guy must be illiterate, poor fella. Dude, BTW, there are eels in that water. We learned about the eel situation after we went for a swim. (Cedar Creek Falls, Mount Tamborine) Oh yes, of course we stayed to watch him jump (just to make sure he surfaced safely).

Just about every beach has some sort of warning, referring to all the ways you may be injured or die, don't say we never warned you...

Of course a picture always helps the illiterate or the youngsters get the 411. We love this one.

It's true, I was tempted to climb around on the cliff rocks, then I read the sign, AND remembered I'm a mother of four...

Let's see, what do I know about stone fish...?

Let's be frank, this could be a safety issue too.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love this post Noelle. I especially love the "No Bikes Past This Point" sign. From the picture, I think I'll avoid being a pedestrian 'past that point' as well.

Michelle said...

Love this post Noelle. I especially love the "No Bikes Past This Point" sign. From the picture, I think I'll avoid being a pedestrian 'past that point' as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails